Cross from USA into Canada at one of 2 ports of Entry if traveling from west of Ottawa:
1. Thousand Islands/Alexandria Bay or
If coming from I 81, Merge to the right shortly after passing through Canadian customs to take hwy 401 east towards Ottawa/Montreal.
From hwy. 401, take the exit for hwy. 416 North towards Kemptville/Ottawa.
From Ogdensburg you will already be traveling north on hwy. 416 towards Ottawa after entering Canada.
When you arrive in Ottawa, you will pass the Hunt Club Rd. Exit then watch for and take exit 75B following the signs for hwy. 417 east towards Ottawa.
There are several ways to travel through Ottawa to get to hwy. 5 north in Gatineau, Quebec.
One of the most direct is to take exit 118 for Nicholas st. toward Gatineau autoroute 5.
You will zig zag a little but follow the main route following the signs for Gatineau 5 North.
Turn right onto Rideau st. then take left lane to turn left on King Edward St.
King Edward St. will take you across the bridge which then becomes hwy. 5 North, eventually turning into hwy 105 North. You will pass through the villages of Low, Kazabazua and when you enter Gracefield, turn left onto chemin Cayamant immediately after crossing the Picanoc river bridge.
Chemin Cayamant will take you into the village of Cayamant where you can buy your hunting/fishing licenses at Depanneur Matthews/Brousseau located on your right hand side. **BRING CANADIAN CASH FOR LICENSE PURCHASES**
The main street in Cayamant turns into chemin lac a Larche after continuing straight at the stop sign. You will begin to see signs for Pourvoirie Mer Bleue which is the French name for our lodge.
10 km’s north, you will turn left on chemin de la Mer Bleue. Keep right after crossing the first bridge at the horse barn and you will have arrived at the lodge immediately after crossing the second bridge.
If using Google maps or MapQuest, you should find “Eastern Canadian Outfitters” 47 chemin de la Mer Bleue, Cayamant, Qc. J0X 1Y0.
Directions to ECO Camachigama (Gross Ile, lac Camachigama)
From South, either via Montreal or Ottawa.
Travel to Louvicourt, Quebec via Grand Remous (intersection of hwy. 105 north of Maniwaki and hwy 117). Good idea to fill up with gas in this area, ie. Maniwaki or Grand Remous.
1. Follow signs taking you North on Hwy 117 towards Val D?Or
2. We suggest filling up with gas at the Ultramar gas station in Louvicourt then turning around returning south to km 471 where you will turn left on the Chimo Rd. just south of the lac Simon First Nations reserve. Then follow the directions below starting at #3.
3. MAKE SURE YOU CALL THE LODGE WHEN YOU LEAVE HWY. 117 SO WE KNOW WHEN TO COME TO THE LANDING!
From West/North via New Liskeard and Val D?Or:
1. Travel East through Val D?or and continue south on 117 to Louvicourt, Quebec. Good idea to get gas at the Ultramar gas station there.
2. Just south of Lac Simon turn left on the Chimo rd. at Km 471. **CALL 819 737 8656 TO INFORM LODGE YOU ARE APPROX. 2 HOURS AWAY!!
3. Follow the Chimo rd. approx.. 1.5 hours to Km 143 where you will turn right (there is a sign)
4. Cross two bridges and keep to your right (is a sign)
5. Travel approx. 14 kms where you will turn left towards the landing (is a sign)
6. Travel 2 kms to landing and wait for boat pick up if not already there. MAKE SURE YOU CALL THE LODGE WHEN YOU LEAVE HWY. 117 SO WE KNOW WHEN TO COME TO THE LANDING!